IN THIS SECTION:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Volunteers are important members of The Tower Theatre team who share a love of theatre and give freely of their time to contribute to the development and wellbeing of the theatre.
Our volunteers enjoy a sense of being a part of our organisation which has deep roots in the local community and which has a national reputation for high standards of quality and innovation.
By joining our friendly team you can:
- Enhance your CV with new skills and quality references
- Enjoy a fun and fulfilling pastime
- Give back to the community
- Build your confidence
- Keep active with hands on projects
- Meet new people and expand your social circle
Volunteers also have the opportunity watch our productions when on duty.
What do volunteers do?
The Tower Theatre’s Front of House volunteers work alongside our operational staff within the Front of House Department and provide support and assistance during our performances.
Volunteers have real responsibilities and we rely on them to offer outstanding customer care to our audiences. It is important that all of our volunteers have the aptitude, personality and confidence to provide this.
How much time is required?
Volunteers may attend as often as they wish and it is therefore important that availability is known months in advance in order for a rota to be produced. If preferred, a regular night can be requested and we will do our best to accommodate this. We do request that Volunteers attend at least once per month in order to maintain the levels of training and experience.
Appearance is important to the impression we portray to our audience members. All volunteers are expected to wear smart clothing – a waistcoat is supplied by the theatre.
All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
We are actively recruiting for Front of House and Bar Volunteers.
Apply by Email
Apply By Post
You can also download a copy of the Volunteer Registration Form and return it us via the postal address below:
The Tower Theatre
Unfortunately, we do not accept volunteer applications if you are under the age of 16 but we do occasionally offer work experience for school students.
- After applying, you will hear from us to let you know that we have received your information
- We will ping across your interest to the relevant Volunteer Co-ordinator for the role you would like to volunteer in
- The Volunteer Co-ordinator will then invite you to The Tower Theatre for a chat about the role… Don’t worry, this isn’t a formal interview, but a chance to meet some of the team and find out a little more about the role so you can make sure that it is right for you
- If you change your mind, or fancy trying a different role, then no problem! Just let us know and we will find something that suits your skills and interests
- When you and the Volunteer Co-ordinator are both happy to proceed, then we will set you up as a volunteer! NB we may ask you to complete a DBS check if it’s appropriate to the duties/role that you’ll be undertaking
Please note, voluntary work can also be outside of show days. We also require help in wardrobe, props, set building and technical. For more information about volunteering in other departments please contact us at email@example.com.
Proud members of the
Little Theatre Guild