COVID-19 – Protecting our customers
Following the recent Government announcements regarding Step 4 of the Recovery Roadmap and the full reopening of the economy, we are excited that many COVID restrictions are now able to be relaxed and we can welcome audiences back to our theatre.
Whilst we are delighted to be reopening the Tower Theatre, we also place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff and volunteers.
Therefore, we will continue to have additional hygiene and safety measures in place in our theatre. These will include one-way systems, protective screens, enhanced cleaning and plentiful hand sanitisation points. We will also request that our customers still wear a face mask – our staff and volunteers will also be wearing face masks in public areas.
Our full measures include:
Before you visit us
- Please make sure you have made your booking online in advance. Before leaving home, please check our website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our theatre should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact us if you are unable to attend a booked performance and we will amend or refund your booking.
- Whilst legal restrictions have been lifted, we have reduced capacity and social distancing in the auditorium on some upcoming productions to ensure we can offer you the best possible experience. All performances for Back to the Musicals (August 6-7) will be socially distanced, and we are offering a mixture of social distanced and standard seating performances for The Audience (September 8-11) – please visit the website for details. All subsequent productions will revert to standard seating.
- All theatre staff and management will take two Covid tests per week.
- All volunteers must do a lateral flow test before their shift and arrive at the theatre with a negative result before they can work their assigned show.
- We continue to have additional hygiene and safety measures in place throughout our theatre, including enhanced cleaning, plentiful hand sanitiser points and some suggested social distancing markers.
- We politely request that all our customers uphold the highest possible hygiene standards –through regular hand washing and the frequent application of hand sanitiser which are available through our theatre.
- All staff will wear face masks or shields in public areas.
- We strongly encourage our audience members to wear a mask.